While downloading pics, the camera's battery died, so hopefully they will come soon!
This fall, we have battled sickness with Glade, but managed to make it to a few fun places in the last 2 weeks. Dinosaur Park was a favorite. Glade loved seeing the dinosaurs and will now embrace his pull-ups because they have a dinosaur on them. Yes! We also made it to the zoo...Glade's favorite part was the tractors working on the renovation of the penguin/polar bear exhibits. Oh, and I guess he didn't mind the monkeys. :) My mom told me that when she visited the zoo as a child, the monkeys would throw things at the students & if they were lucky enough to get hit, it was the highlight of their trip--can you imagine?
Our HALLOWEEN weekend was eventful!
Greg: dressed as a Samuri warrior complete with the mustache and beard, asian style. I have to post a pic, because it was classic. I knew those hair extensions would come in handy again! We attended my friend Jodi's Halloween party then a ward couple's party.
Glade: Ask him what he was for Halloween and he would tell you in whispered tones, "a turdell." The cutest turtle I've ever seen! He made it trick-or-treating to our family and a few neighbors but was worn out! Glade's potty-training went really well at first, but we haven't really pushed it seeing as he just turned 2. Well, this morning he was naked after his shower and I heard him running through the house yelling "HURRY, HURRY" then I heard him peeing in the toilet. He got his stool and got up on the potty all by himself! Needless to say, we cheered, hooted, hollered, and he got several marshmellows (*the ultimate potty treat). Way to go Glade, keep up the good work!
London: A geisha for Halloween. My costume served as the samuri's date for the parties and as my uniform for my 2nd ever half marathon. Yes, we had to dress up for the race, and yes, I ran 13.1 miles in a kimono. Be impressed! I have to say the craziest running costumes I will remember were: Forest Gump--complete with the long hair and beard, red ball cap, and short shorts. He won best costume and deserved it. The strangest was the guy running in bare feet. WHY? I liked the avatars. I ran with my friend Shannon, who was Rainbow Bright, and Brittany & Brandon, who were a football player and a blind referee. Everyone was really creative in their costumes and it made the race all the more fun. I really recommend the course: Provo canyon, begins at Sundance, and ends around University Mall in Orem. Downhill and flat, mostly.
My stats:
13.1 miles completed
1 hr 53 min
average of 8 1/2 min miles
11 minutes faster than my last half marathon in May
Not too bad! I also enjoyed passing out candy to the few trick-or-treaters that made it by in the rain. We only had 60. Last year we had nearly 200. Well, Happy Halloween to everyone...here's to NOVEMBER!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment