Our basement flooded 3 weeks ago after the big rain storms we had in Northern Utah. Greg forgot to hook up the conduit to our rain gutter and in the water came!
Bad News:
1. Insurance won't pay (surface water)
2. Our home is torn apart! And several weeks left to go!!
3. The slippery slope phenomenon: while doing one project, why not another?
4. We are painting ourselves...no more time left for fun, we strive for perfection
Good News:
1. We are ditching the green marble trim around our bathroom for a brown/black granite!
2. I get tile! Everywhere!! Bathrooms, kitchen/dining, entryways, laundry room
3. New carpet-up and downstairs
4. Fun paint colors: even a black wall
5. I am now a touch-up and mudding expert and Greg does professional painting lines
6. Glade has learned several new sentences including "I want paint" and "I'll do it"
Before and after pictures to be posted soon! Last project: painting halls/large family room downstairs a tan/camel color, and a black accent wall. Current project: painting laundry room a navajo white/cream color to contrast with the dark tile. Wish us luck!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment