Wow! What a busy 2 weeks--to catch you up we will start happiest to craziest:
Glade: We took Glade up to Park City last week for a fun condo stay. Greg took Glade swimming, hiking, on the alpine coaster, to the park, & many other fun things while I was a bit out of comission (details to come). G has also been enjoying preschool and is looking forward to his Halloween party this coming week. He will be a gaucho-which is a Mexican cowboy. G has spent alot of time with different family members and friends the last couple of weeks and has enjoyed the change of scenery-I hope!
Greg: He is super-swamped at work, but managed to squeeze out a few hours to care for Glade and me. He had a hearing, mediation, and deposition this week alone. He is running a million miles an hour but is still managing to care for the house plants, do the shopping, & arrange help with Glade. I got lucky.
London: Okay, where to start? Last week in Park City, I woke up feeling like I had the flu. Stomach symptoms, bloated pain, etc. It got gradually worse until I was dying in pain. I made Greg take me to the hospital in Park City where I spent a couple of days on pain medication and with a catheter trying to pass what they guessed was a kidney stone. This was unlike any stone I have ever felt before. And I've had more than my fair share. An ultrasound showed my kidney was extremely inflamed. They sent me home when my pain was under control with some more pain medicine to hopefully pass the stone and feel better. I slept the week away only waking to eat with pills, and pee blood. It was miserable. Finally, this past week, I went into my OB to find an answer. He had me consult with a urologist who immediately scheduled surgery that day.
I was put under general anesthesia (they monitored the baby, phew!) and they removed a MOTHER stone, which was 1 cm large. It was blocking my ureter/bladder opening and was the cause of my kidney filling with fluid and my bladder pains. The doc had to blast the stone for him to even get it out. There was no way it was coming out on its own. He put in a stent to help my kidney drain and a catheter and I spent a couple more days at my local hospital. The good news is that baby girl should be able to stay in another 1-3 weeks until she is due. I am 36 weeks now. The bad news is I have another procedure tomorrow to remove the stent (which is uncomfortable). Hopefully the docs will give me a CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH afterward so I can relax a bit before baby comes.
Family and friends have been so helpful these past 2 weeks with babysitting, checking in, gifts, flowers, and much more. I only had a teeny taste of the pain others go through and it was rough. I feel really blessed.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment