My photo
Greg and London have been married for 6 years. We have a 4 yr old son, Glade & an 11 month old baby, Nicolette. We live in Utah and love experiencing both warm summers and the snow! Greg is a business litigation attorney and London is a registered nurse, but mostly a stay-at-home mom.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pre-School!

First day of preschool!!! Posing with Mrs. Maloney-

With Mrs. Pearson-



Glade on his first day. He was so excited and has been talking about school for MONTHS. So, he was extremely pleased to visit his teachers, classroom, and of 'course the play area! They had an impressive array of coup cars for the kids to ride on (like 20) and a huge playground. I am very excited for Glade to attend school. Gives me a break :) and he will hopefully learn to listen and be apart of a constructive classroom.


Greg wrote an article that was published in the Utah Business Magazine on legal issues involving landlord/tenant policies and recommendations. We were pretty excited and celebrated with the coauthor for dinner last week.


This picture below is the dresser that I have transformed for lil girl's room. It started out an oak brown with water stains and rusting hardware.

The process: sanded off wood veneer, painted matte paint in a dark brown/2 coats, added weather crackle glaze, then added top coat of turquoise in flat paint. It magically cracked to reveal the brown underneath. I had mudded previous nail holes with wood filler and sanded them flat. To finish the project, I added a clear protector/2 coats for easy wipe off and a smooth finish. Greg drilled in the fleur hardware and voila! A one of a kind dresser.


Contributors include:

(well, because I can't take all the credit)

Bob and Sheila for donating the sturdy Ethan Allen dresser 5 years ago

Several friends and my sister for accepting the MANY picture texts of the process and giving pointers

Greg for drilling the new hardware in

My sister for picking it out and even going to the store to get another

Glade for painting (even when I didn't want him to)

My friend Jodi for picking the color turquoise

The saleslady at Lowe's' paint counter

Without further ado...



No comments: